This End Time Model involves the equipping of every "ordinary" believer or church - whether evangelical or charismatic
- to heal the sick effectively and consistently. This is done, in the very same way that Jesus Christ did, so as to demonstrate
to the world that He is the living Saviour and the only WAY to the Father. This approach has been proven effective in bringing
reconciliation and unity between evangelical and charismatic churches. It is potentially instrumental in helping the Church
fulfillS the Great Commission
Today the Lord is restoring to the Church a scriptural model of evangelism that has been neglected for thousands of years
* This model is based on John 14:12. "Ordinary" disciples of Christ are empowered to preach the gospel and minister
miraculous healing in low-budget, low-profile, relatively small (or even one-on-one) meetings. When the listeners see the
miracles and listen to the gospel, their hearts will be open to accepting Christ.
|This girl testifies that her cancerous tumour has disappeared after being prayed for
* The new believers will be followed up by the believing friend, family member, neighbor, or business associate. Such personal
follow-up of new believers is more effective than the impersonal follow-up after large mass crusades. There is a far greater
likelihood that the new believer will join the church and be discipled for Jesus Christ.
* This is the original kind of evangelism because it involves signs and wonders in Jesus' name. This unique demonstration
of the Holy Spirit is manifested through the ordinary Christians. It does not depend on the presence of specially gifted ministers.
As such, evangelism of this kind can be an ongoing and continuous feature of the life of every local church.
* You do not need to be a Charismatic or Pentecostal to exercise this authority to heal. Strictly speaking, this is not a
gift of the Holy Spirit but the mandate of Jesus Christ. You do not need to become highly emotional to use this authority.
Thus both Conservative Evangelical Christians as well as Charismatic/Pentecostal believers are able to work hand-in-hand in
the same ministry.
Link to The Elijah Challenge